Friday, June 3, 2011

Amberg...

Today Javin and I rented a car and drove about 25km to Amberg. See our sweet new ride!
 Here's the key, it's the craziest thing. You take this little flat thing and put it in a slot in the car and press a button to turn the car on. Greatness!

 In Amberg, we went to the inner city. This is the old city that is still surrounded by the original wall that protected it from outsiders. Inside was St. Martin's Church. We couldn't go down the isle. They keep it gated off.
 This river reminds me of the one we crossed in Bamberg a few years ago, don't you think mom?
 This is the outside steeple of St. Martin's.
 This church sit atop a hill about 2km northwest of town. It has a beautiful view of Amberg down below.
 Unfortunately they were just beginning their friday evening mass, so we didn't stay!




 They have outside worship sometimes. Kinda cool!
 After we look around the church, we stopped and had some dinner at the restaurant right there. It is asparagus season here and most restaurants have a special "spargel" menu. This is Spragel Creme, basically cream of asparagus soup. So Yummy.
 I never really know exactly what I am going to get when I order around here. This is the Kalter Platte. It was cold roast beef. Very good. Someone must have been watching over me, cause if I had gotten a whole fish I might have passed out!

We received our new mattress today and are expecting a few more things to be delivered tomorrow. Javin got an email at dinner that said our stuff was here and in storage and could be delivered on the 17th!!!!! UGH, two more weeks. We will see if my sweet husband can sweet talk them into getting it here faster! That's it for now.

P.S. The internet also said our car has touched ground in Bremerhaven Port in western Germany!!!!!

J

1 comment:

  1. So great for us to enjoy your day. Thanks for sharing. Glad you kids are beginning to get out of town and seeing the sights. Aren't those churches magnificent? Light a candle for me.

    ReplyDelete