This week my parents came for a visit and a tour around Germany. We started out week in Rothenburg ob de Tauber. This lovely hotel was our first home: The PrinzHotel.
This picture is of the town tower. This tower was built on the existing town hall without a proper foundation. You can climb to the top where there is a bell and a beautiful view of the neighboring vineyards. The tower stands at 200 feet tall with 214 narrow,steep steps to the top.
Inside St. Jakob's church, there is a 35-foot-tall wooden carving named the Alter of Blood. It is said to contain a drop of Jesus' blood.
The highlight of my trip was the GIGANTIC Kathe Wohlfahrt store. Since Javin and I started dating, I have been asking him to bring me back here so I can go to this store. It is three stories tall and filled with carved wood figures and christmas ornaments. An overwhelming experience.
This is a treat that Rothenburg is famous for. They call them "Snowballs". And the were delicious!
It was a good start to am amazing week. More pictures and places to follow!
Jaime
No comments:
Post a Comment